11.27.2010

family mugs

Disclaimer!
Hopefully no family member are reading this or your gift surprise will be spoiled!

This year our family members are getting personalized mugs. I bought inexpensive white mugs and used this pen to write on them.  It was only about $4.00. The pen is dishwasher resistant and microwave safe. I first bought this pen and it sucked, so I took it back to Michael's and traded it in for the Vitrea 160 and it worked MUCH better. I tried it in the store just to make sure.




To get the font I wanted ( I used Gungsuh) transferred to the mug, I simply took a lead pencil and scribbled all over a scratch piece of paper and used blue painters tape over to tape it on the mug. I then put the printed out font paper on top of the "transfer paper." I had to adjust some of the longer names because of the shape of the mug-otherwise it would have been slanted.

Next I filled in the transferred-on letters with the paint pen. I followed the directions on the label (let sit for 24 hours and then put in the oven at 325F for 40 minutes and DONE!) I will fill them with hot chocolate mix and marshmallows, coffee beans or tea, depending on the recipient.
I even made one for myself and one for our son- he gets the one with a fox on it :) I love the way they turned out.

1 comment:

  1. Those are so cute - what a fun idea!

    Visiting from The Creative Crate.

    ReplyDelete

dear readers, i love your comments & questions! if you prefer you may e-mail me : aprilscraftnest at gmail dot com