12.18.2010

last minute Christmas bag

First let me say that I realized today that I have had over 1000 visitors to my humble little blog since I started a counter on August of this year. That may not be a lot compared to other blogs, but I am amazed! Thank you for stopping by!
Now, on to the last minute Christmas bag. I am giving our son all of the stuffed animals for Christmas that I kept from when I was a child.  I did not really play with them, I stared at them, so they are all in great condition. Some even with tags on them still. (I guess I was a weird child). I washed and dried them all and then I needed a way to wrap them. I have kept all of our son's receiving blankets--there are some really modern and cool ones out there nowadays! I could not bear to part them with, so I used 2 of them to make a bag for the stuffed animals.

When we were kids my parents had Santa bags for us--you know for the larger presents, so I figured this would be a nice tradition to start with our family AND it's reusable. I love not wasting paper when possible.

Here you can see both blankets.
I used an old stained shirt with this cute bear on it as an applique and the tree trunk is made from the sleeve of that same shirt. The tree is made from a knit receiving blanket the hospital gave us when we brought our son home. It has sentimental value and I'll be putting our son's presents in this bag when he's 16 and way too old for a little bear blanket bag!

On the top I added a little ball fringe. I had just the right length left over from the birthday banner, so I knew it was perfect!
The photos aren't perfect by a long shot, but it's difficult to get good photos of a bag full of lumpy stuffed animals! :)


MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea! I love how it came out. Thanks for sharing - I want to make one for my kids.

    ReplyDelete

dear readers, i love your comments & questions! if you prefer you may e-mail me : aprilscraftnest at gmail dot com