4.14.2011

easter creatures and wheat grass

Day 5
 Who knew it would be so hard to find wheat grass seeds. I went to 2 stores and called 3 others. My mom called at least 4 stores and finally found the seeds at a health food store. geeez! I was so glad when she found them and brought them to me so that my little son and I could plant the grass and watch it grow.
Day 8
 I thought the wheat grass was the perfect setting my newest little Easter friends. Meet Peep.
 Here is Peep, with her siblings Cheep, and Cheepie.  Cheepie was adopted by a friend today.
Day 9
 And here's the Easter bunny!
 and his little cotton tail
 So pretty with the sun's rays shining through the blades.
 By the way, I dyed the chicks' wool yellow using KOOL-AID! My aunt told me about this so I was so excited to try it out. I plunged the wool in warm water then in another bowl heated water in the microwave until it boiled and poured the lemonade flavored kool-aid in it. Then I stuck the wool into the kool-aid mixture bowl and microwaved it for 2 minutes, let it cool for 2 minutes and then microwaved it for 1 minute. I combined several methods I found on the web. I suggest only doing this if you plan on needle felting the wool. If you want to dye wool yarn, there are special tutorials on that. I wouldn't want you to wet felt your wool, even a little, if you weren't wanting that!

The photo below does not show the true color of the yellow wool. The chicks are a better representation on the color.
And just for fun...look what I woke up to the other morning! So cool! The mirror across from our coat closet reflected my son's silhouette on the door.
Here are the (extremely embarrassingly dirty) mirrors.
HAPPY EASTER!

2 comments:

dear readers, i love your comments & questions! if you prefer you may e-mail me : aprilscraftnest at gmail dot com