3.02.2010

one last bird mobile


This bird mobile is for a little boy who is turning one year old next week. I decided to go crazy and mix up the colors a little. In reality, I just did not have embroidery floss in the correct color blue, so I decided to try out using contrasting colors and I am surprised that I actually like it. It is not my usual style and would not pair well with the decor in my house, but it will in the little boy's room where these little birdies will call home.

My stitching needs a little improvement, which is a major understatement! You would think that with a mom who is a professional seamstress (and a teacher at that!), I would have neat, cute, perfect stitches, but sewing has never been my strong suit. This is no reflection on my mom's teaching abilities, let me tell you, she has tried! I still give sewing a shot though and I have learned a thing or two!

I just liked the look of this little bowl o' birdies. Someday, I want to try out these little sweetie birds on Made Stuff that I just found, which are much cuter than my little birdies!
And look what I just found! Martha never fails!!! A pattern for the "breasted" bird as I will call it since I can't think of a spiffier name.. .

1 comment:

dear readers, i love your comments & questions! if you prefer you may e-mail me : aprilscraftnest at gmail dot com